From time to time, it may be necessary to refer patients to a consultant for further care. We will do our utmost to ensure referral letters are sent promptly from the practice.
Your responsibilities to us are:
- To ensure that you keep the practice informed of any change of address, contact number or
name so that hospital mail will reach you at the correct address.
- To recognise that there may be some delay before you receive an appointment, which is
usually outside our control.
- To recognise that the decision to make such a referral is taken by the doctor.
Self Referral For Local Services
Although most referrals to other specialists will require you seeing or speaking with a GP, there are a number of services locally that you are able to make self-referrals to.
Click on the link below to complete our self referral form.
NHS e-Referral Tracking
If your doctor has referred you to a specialist for further care you will be asked to book your appointment using the ‘NHS e-Referral’ system.
You will receive a letter from us within 2 weeks giving details of how to book your appointment and any passwords you may need.
To track your e-Referral you will need the following details to log into the e-Referral website:
- Your date of birth
- Reference number – this will be on the first page of your letter
- Password – this will be on the second page of your letter
To track an e-Referral, click here.