Patients may order repeat prescriptions:
- By telephone to 297291 between 09:00 - 12 noon and 14:00 – 17:00
- By delivering or posting a request
- By ordering online
Prescriptions will normally be available within 48 hours and those enclosing S.A.E will be sent by return post.
Your responsibilities to us are:
- To give 48 hours notice when ordering repeat prescriptions.
- To take medicines as prescribed.
- Not to expect a prescription every time you visit the doctor.
- Not to expect a prescription for drugs which are available directly from the chemist.
- To make an appointment to see the doctor / nurse practitioner after four repeat prescriptions.
- To make an appointment to see the doctor/nurse for a yearly medication review.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.00
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £104.00
- 3-month PPC: £29.10
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.